Monday, November 15, 2010

What's Happening: 11.15.10

 It's back to working on your spreads! Ceil will be here next week so make sure you have something to show her! Class section assignments will be coming out soon!

Wednesday: You will have an in class writing assignment for a grade. You will be given all of the notes you need to write the story. Review the inverted pyramid. You will write the story in GoogleDocs and will print it out (double-spaced) before you leave class.

The Bay has the World Champions in baseball. 
Why not the World Champions in film too, Rachel asks?

Ist off, I want to thank 1st period, and all other journ and yearbookies, for their awesome support Wednesday. ;)
Makes me really happy . Seriously. Really.
Special thanks to Myron for his vote calculations and stuff on the white board. :D


You guys are voting and supporting me more than my friends are. That means A LOT to me.


I'm really proud and happy of how a lot of you guys (half of which probably dont know who I am) are supporting so much and voting. Of course, there's a "but" to this heartfelt message. D:

Despite our best efforts, we're still losing. By a lot. What does this mean? We cant win alone. Just us journ and yearbook staff members. We need to get the word out more, get more people to vote that are outside of our J-Team. The other high school kids, the middle schoolers... We need to spread the word!

And come on. We're journalism junkies! How hard can that be? We're supposed to LIVE for spreading the news.

There's only 4 more days for us to dominate Chicago. We still need about 10% to go, and thats only if Chicago wasnt voting.

This is a group effort, and thats why I'm depending on you guys. The San Fran team only has 5 people. Chicago and LA have 10 and 7. If it was a competition just between the team members, we'd lose! But its not, and we need to work harder for the "lack" of people.

Text. Post. Email. Whatever! Us voting alone wont be enough to get the numbers up. We need to get people involved!

I know I've been annoying everyone when I text and email and post stuff on Facebook and stuff. But thats because I'm one person. Think of the impact when a whole group of kids are doing this? One annoying little girl becomes a group of people looking for support.

We've all worked hard to get our votes up! And it worked! I dont want to do all this, and end up losing in the end. I dont want all of those hours voting to just go to waste.

Voting ends on the 18. Thats THIS THURSDAY! A few more days then its over! Voting and me spamming the announcements, pestering you guys to vote.

Make it easier for yourself, tell YOUR FRIENDS TO VOTE. Lets not have our efforts go to waste, guys.

So lets pull it together for just a few more days and show Chicago and LA what San Fran is made of!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment